Collections Housed in the District
- Many collections listed below are housed in the school
districts that have requested them. Any exceptions are noted*. Contact your audiovisual
coordinator to find out if your school district has requested these
collections and, if so where they are located.
Coordinated Cooperative Collection Development Kits (CCCD Kits)
- These kits combine print and media resources to supplement and enhance units taught around a particular book or theme. In recent years, these kits have been specifically purchased to partner with a Common Core Module or Domain. Through the School Library System (SLS), participating
districts collectively pool some of their CCCD monies to develop author
and theme kits. Cooperatively developed kits are housed at the BOCES
LRC and circulated through the Media Library.
Dubbing Services for Educational Programming
- We provide satellite and off-air dubbing services for educational
programming. This service is provided on a daily, weekly or in bulk
feed format depending on program scheduling. We must be able to verify
rights to record all programs requested.
- Learn360 is an interactive media-on-demand service for the K-12 education market, providing teachers and students the power to meet and exceed 21st century educational expectations across all curriculums. Through streaming video, audio and accompanying support materials, Learn360 supports web-based learning by providing an online collaborative environment where users can share information and ideas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Content is correlated to State, Common Core and Provincial standards, as well as 21st century learning initiatives. Access this service is provided through SNAP
LRC Media Library Pamphlet/Brochure
- A brochure designed to advertise the materials and services available in the Media Library. Please feel free to print and share as needed.
Media Library Materials for Common Core ELA Texts
- A list of Media Library materials that work with the Common Core ELA titles by grade level
Math CCCD Kits
- The math kits through the School Library System have been created to supplement the math curriculum for elementary, middle, and high school levels. The kits includes materials for students and teachers. There are hands-on materials in all kits.
- These small kits generally have a single book, stuffed animal, and some form of media whether it be a DVD or audio version of the book.
PBS Learning Media NY
- PBS Learning Media NY is your destination for direct access to thousands of
classroom-ready, curriculum-targeted digital resources. PBS
Learning Media builds on the strength of public media and is designed to
improve teacher effectiveness and student achievement. Resources are
aligned to Common Core and national standards and include videos and
interactives, as well as audio, documents, and in-depth lesson plans.
You can browse by standards, grade level, subject area, and special
collections. You can also favorite, and share resources with your class
and colleagues through folders and social media. Access this service is provided through SNAP
Seasonal DVD Collections
collections are sent to the schools in the fall for them to keep for the school year. They have been curated to target elementary level students. Contact your audio
visual coordinator or librarian to locate this collection in your