SLL BOCES Board of Education
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES Board of Education Goals
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES is committed to work successfully with component districts across the region:
- To enhance and increase student opportunities to access advanced coursework essential for a successful preparation for college, career, and citizenship.
- To promote regional sharing and delivery models through inter-BOCES as well as intra-BOCES arrangements.
- To continuously evaluate BOCES services for quality, efficiency, and potential improvement, including input from our component school district partners. (surveys)
- To facilitate the successful implementation of the Next Generation Learning Standards, Curriculum, and Assessments, and raise performance outcomes for students across the region.
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES will:
- Provide financial and operational solutions to our component school districts and other educational partners
- Work with the Board of Education Facilities Committee and component school districts to complete upgrades at various sites and initiate the BOCES CTE capital project. The project will address critical infrastructure needs and allow existing and new BOCES programs to operate for many years.
- Work with our Regional Partners, including SUNY Potsdam and St. Lawrence University, to build and refine regional pipelines that will produce teachers and future educational leaders for the region, including the new Ed Leadership Program at SUNY Potsdam and the Advanced Certificate in Special Education Program
- To provide school district and BOCES staff the baseline data that they need to connect district goals and professional development to the needs of their students. Data will include student performance on state assessments, graduation data, and early warning data to identify individual students who are at risk of not graduating on time
- The BOCES will investigate models of trauma-informed instruction for implementation across the region which will increase the cognitive capacity of all students.
BOE Approved: November 16, 2018
ContactSt. Lawrence-Lewis BOCESBoard of EducationP.O. Box 231 - 40 W. Main StreetCanton, NY 13617(315) 386-4504
PresidentRoger M. Bennett
Vice-PresidentJack ZehTo report fraud, call the St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES Fraud Hotline at (315) 788-5490. All calls will be anonymous!