SLL BOCES Board of Education
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES Board of Education Goals
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES is committed to work successfully with component districts across the region:
- To increase student performance and enhance opportunities to access advanced coursework essential for a successful preparation for college, career, and citizenship including alternative and technology-based platforms
- To promote regional sharing and delivery models through inter-BOCES as well as intra-BOCES arrangements
- To continuously evaluate BOCES services for quality, efficiency, and potential improvement, including input from our component school district partners
- To provide financial and operational solutions to our component school districts helping them maximize new revenue sources.
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES will:
- Work with our Regional Partners, including SUNY Potsdam, to build and refine regional pipelines that will produce teachers and future educational leaders for the region, including the new Ed Leadership Program at SUNY Potsdam and the Advanced Certificate in Special Education Program.
- Work with component districts to provide professional development for the implementation of instructional tools and strategies needed for effective instruction, including a multi-year implementation of The Science of Reading.
- The BOCES will support models of Social/Emotional/Learning (SEL) for implementation across the region, which will increase both the cognitive capacity of all students and their physical, mental well-being, and health.
- Continue to provide school districts and BOCES staff the information, resources, and training necessary to protect digital information, including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of staff/students, and to protect our technology platforms.
- Develop resources to support BOCES and SLL component districts as they raise awareness and build capacity toward the implementation of the New York State Education Department’s Culturally Responsive Sustaining Education Framework and the embedded components of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
BOE Approved: October 13, 2022
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES
Board of Education
P.O. Box 231 - 40 W. Main Street
Canton, NY 13617
To report fraud, call the St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES Fraud Hotline at (315) 788-5490. All calls will be anonymous!