SLL BOCES Board of Education
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES Board of Education Goals
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES is committed to work successfully with component districts across the region:
- To increase student performance and enhance opportunities to access advanced coursework essential for a successful preparation for college, career, and citizenship including alternative and technology-based platforms
- To promote regional sharing and delivery models through inter-BOCES as well as intra-BOCES arrangements
- To continuously evaluate BOCES services for quality, efficiency, and potential improvement, including input from our component school district partners
- To provide financial and operational solutions to our component school districts helping them maximize new revenue sources, and specifically to provide training and build school district preparedness for lean times due to reductions of federal and state aid.
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES will:
- Work with our Regional Partners, including SUNY Potsdam, to build and refine regional pipelines that will produce teachers and future educational leaders for the region, including the Ed Leadership Program at SUNY Potsdam and the Advanced Certificate in Special Education Program, and the District Superintendents’ Innovation Committee and BOCES of NYS Teacher Ambassador Program.
- Work with component districts to provide professional development of a multi-year Implementation of The Science of Reading to address significant literacy gaps across the region.
- Continue to provide school districts and BOCES staff the information, resources, and training necessary to protect digital information, including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of staff/students, and to protect our technology platforms.
- Develop resources to support BOCES and SLL component districts as they raise awareness and build capacity toward the implementation of the New York State Education Department’s Culturally Responsive Sustaining Education Framework and the embedded components of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Begin a comprehensive review of regional Special Education programs and classes, both BOCES and school district, with an eye towards future restructuring.
BOE Approved: October 13, 2023
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES
Board of Education
P.O. Box 231 - 40 W. Main Street
Canton, NY 13617
To report fraud, call the St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES Fraud Hotline at (315) 788-5490. All calls will be anonymous!