SLL BOCES Board of Education
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES Board of Education Goals
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES is committed to work successfully with component districts across the region:
- To enhance and increase student achievement and opportunities to access advanced coursework essential for a successful preparation for college, career, and citizenship including alternative and technology-based platforms
- To promote regional sharing and delivery models through inter-BOCES as well as intra-BOCES arrangements
- To develop a better model to continuously evaluate BOCES services for quality, efficiency, and potential improvement, including input from our component school district partners
- To facilitate the successful implementation of the Next Generation Learning Standards, Curriculum, and Assessments, and raise performance outcomes for students across the region.
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES will:
- Provide financial and operational solutions to our component school districts working with other educational partners, during the coming years of uncertain state aid, revenue, and budgets.
- Work with the Board of Education Facilities Committee and component school districts to complete upgrades at various sites through the BOCES CTE capital project and Energy Performance Contract. The projects will address critical infrastructure needs and allow existing and new BOCES programs to operate for many years.
- Work with our Regional Partners, including SUNY Potsdam, to build and refine regional pipelines that will produce teachers and future educational leaders for the region, including the new Ed Leadership Program at SUNY Potsdam and the Advanced Certificate in Special Education Program.
- Work with component districts to provide professional development for the implementation of instructional tools and strategies needed for effective hybrid and virtual instruction, as well as providing parents with the knowledge and skills needed to support their students with such instruction.
- The BOCES will investigate models of Social/Emotional/Learning (SEL) for implementation across the region, which will increase both the cognitive capacity of all students and their physical and mental well-being.
- Continue to provide school districts and BOCES staff the information, resources, and training necessary to protect digital information, including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of staff/students, and to protect our technology platforms.
BOE Approved: October 8, 2020
St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES
Board of Education
P.O. Box 231 - 40 W. Main Street
Canton, NY 13617
To report fraud, call the St. Lawrence-Lewis BOCES Fraud Hotline at (315) 788-5490. All calls will be anonymous!